Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Waterlogged




After about seven inches of rain in the past few days we are all feeling a bit water logged here. Part of the garden is underwater. I wonder if the potatoes will emerge or rot in the ground. I performed an experiment when I was out taking some photos. I put shavings around half of the Brussels spouts and cabbages to soak up some water and keep the roots cool. Later if they start to grow we will know what worked and what didn't!

Later in the evening I went out again and attempted to make little waterways for the water to flow. I was able to get some of the veggies drained out. Found out that the water run right under one of the Brussels sprouts. I was talking to my Mom and I told her that I thought part of the problem was how Jason and I planted. She echoed my thoughts: "It's all a learning process."


I had one companion while I was out there. And found a little bit of beauty in the water drenched plants.



No comments: